Visa Info
Do I need a visa?
Nationals of about 170 countries and territories may visit Hong Kong visa-free for a period ranging from 7 days to 180 days. Check here (see part II) to learn whether you need a visa or entry permit to enter Hong Kong for a visit or transit. Please apply early if you need a visa.
How do I obtain a visa?
You will need
invitation letter
official Visa Application Form from Hong Kong Immigration Department
valid passport
visitor ticket or exhibitor pass
Submit the visa materials in person or by express delivery to Receipt and Despatch Sub-unit, Immigration Department 2/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong ; or by fax to (852) 2824 1133
If you have any enquiries, please contact the Hong Kong Immigration Department by telephone: +852 2824-6111 or email:
Guidebook for Entry for Visit/Transit in Hong Kong
This guidebook sets out the entry arrangement for persons who require a visa/entry permit to visit/transit the HKSAR. You can find application procedures, travel documentation requirements, etc, in this guidebook.
Please note that this entry arrangement does not apply to Chinese residents of the Mainland China and Taiwan (other than People's Republic of China passport holders and Chinese residents of Taiwan living overseas).
Invitation letter (available in digital format only)
If you are Exhibitor or Visitor request for invitation letter, please contact
Please send us a request at least two months before the Fair begins. After receiving and verifying the requested documents, we will send you the invitation letter one week later.
It will normally take four to six weeks for the Immigration Department to process a visit/transit visa/entry permit application upon receipt of all the required documents. Please note the issuance of a visa is at the discretion of the Hong Kong Immigration Department.
Contact us
You can also contact us through the following methods
I am interested. Subscribe to email !